A) Transaction related, B2B or B2C
B) Transportation / storage infrastructure private/public related
C) Value related
D) profitability related
Trying to answer the following questions will give a better understanding of the e-commerce sector in the country.
6. What are the basic reasons why the costs of e-commerce companies are increasing ? or has an analysis been done as to what are the pain spots in Indian e-commerce industry ?
7. Why is it that 'economies of scope' is not as lucrative to B2C customers as is 'economies of scale' ?
8. What is the minimum threshold transaction value per transaction or during a fixed time period that can help sustain e-commerce operations both for B2C and B2B transactions ?
9. Should e-commerce companies collaborate to have a common shared logistics partner to bring down logistics costs ?
10. Has any study gone to understand by what scale are the costs of distribution larger than the costs of acquisition and supply in B2B and B2C transactions ?
If India is not able to come up with a native indigenous and cost-effective solution to this issue of gallopping losses, I am sure the e-commerce industry in the country will not last long.